The UK government's global study abroad scholarship program includes the Chevening Scholarship. Outstanding students from all over the world can study in the UK through this grant. Students who qualify for this award are welcome to apply to any one-year postgraduate program at a UK university. The scholarship committee just waived the English Proficiency Requirement for the scholarship application periods in 2023 owing to COVID-19.
Further, this article will explore all the important information about the British Chevening scholarships for international students, including the Chevening scholarship eligibility, application procedure, and selection process.
Highlights of Chevening Scholarship
Here is important keypoints about Chevening Scholarship in the table below:
United Kingdom Government
Nov 02, 2024,
Chevening Scholarship Amount
Tuition Fees of a monthly university allowance.
Expenses for travel to and from the United Kingdom and returning home
costs from the UK.
Cost of applying for a visa for candidates
Travel reimbursements for attendees of Chevening activities in the UK.
Chevening Scholarship amount is variable.
One Time Payment
International Students Eligibility
Scholarship Website Link
Details of Chevening Scholarship
Chevening Scholarships are for those who have demonstrated success in rising to significant positions in a range of professions inside their home countries and who also possess a strong sense of ambition, desire, and leadership potential. The scholarship offers access to various rare academic, professional, and cultural opportunities and full financial support for any eligible master's degree at any UK university.
Since its founding in 1983, Chevening has given over 50,000 exceptional professionals the chance to advance in the UK. For the academic year 2023–2024, more than 1,500 scholarships are available worldwide, highlighting the UK's continuous dedication to producing tomorrow's leaders. Some of the important features of British Chevening scholarships are:
- Along with this scholarship, the Association also provides a variety of additional fellowships for study in the UK, which are principally sponsored by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the UK government (FCO).
- The British Chevening Scholarships for international scholarships cover the following costs:
- University tuition prices
- A monthly stipend.
- Expenses for travel to and from the UK
- A cushion for arrival
- Compensation for going home
- Submitting one visa application; the price
- Travel allowance to take part in Chevening events in the UK
- One of the largest scholarship programs is the Chevening UK Scholarship, intended for students from Chevening nations who want to study in the UK. List of Chevening eligible countries for scholarships is as follows:
- South Korea
- The Chevening UK scholarship has a set deadline for applications as August. The deadline for submissions is November. Shortlisted candidates are scheduled for interviews between early and mid-February. Between March and May, interviews for scholarships are conducted. Mid-June is when decisions are made public.
Suggested: Everything About UK Student Visa
List of UK Universities under Chevening Scholarship in UK
The names of the universities that take part in Chevening Scholarships are listed below, along with the programs they offer that qualify:
Name of University
Chevening Scholarship in Cambridge University
Chevening Scholarships in LSE
Chevening Scholarships in Cranfield University
MSc Logistics & SCM/ Strategic Management
Chevening Scholarships in Coventry University
Chevening Scholarships at Durham University
Chevening Scholarships in Brunel University
MSc or MA programs in Engineering & Management, MSc in Data Sc & Analytics
Suggested: Education System in UK
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Scholarship in UK
The Chevening UK government scholarships is intended specifically for applicants with strong academic records. This scholarship allows you to join the prestigious Chevening Global Network with financial assistance. The following are the Chevening Scholarship eligibility:
- The ideal referral
- succeed in the personal interview stage
- High scores on the English language proficiency test
- Work experience
Candidates interested in applying for the scholarship must satisfy the English language requirements to be considered. The English Language Requirement exams are repeatable by candidates. The Chevening Committee has approved the following tests:
Minimum Overall Score Required
Minimum Sectional Score Required
Reading: 18; Listening & Writing: 17; Speaking: 20
Suggested: Post Study Work Permit in UK
How to Apply For Chevening Scholarship in UK
Candidates should know that each country has its application form. For instance, applications for Chevening Scholarship Australia differ from those for Chevening Scholarship India. The Chevening Scholarship application process involves the following steps:
- Make an application to the desired master's program at a UK institution.
- Any three of the UK universities covered by the Chevening Program accept applications.
- Apply through OAS for a Chevening UK Scholarship in August (Online Application System)
- Respond to all the inquiries (100-500 words)
- In JPG, PNG, or PDF format, submit the necessary student supporting documents.
- No document should be larger than 5MB.
Suggested: Best Student Cities In UK
Selection Process of Chevening Scholarship in UK
Candidates for the British Chevening scholarships 2024 who have been shortlisted must appear in person for an interview in a city where the British Embassy is present. The panel members conducting this one-on-one interview will be representatives from the British Embassy or High Commission. The interview will cover academic topics and inquiries about personal and professional goals.
- From the beginning of the application deadline to the selections for the scholarship awards, the selection process would require a minimum of seven to eight months.
- By June, the results of the British Chevening scholarships for international scholarships will be made public. Provide only pertinent information, written in English, as the High Commission/British embassy reviews references during the final stages of the selection process.
Suggested: Exams to study in UK
The Chevening Scholarship aims to foster cross-cultural relationships, advance professions, broaden and deepen perspectives, improve communities, and make ideas a reality by living and studying in the UK. The British Chevening scholarships seek to choose applicants who submit a thoughtful application that showcases their potential. Now that we have provided all the information on the Chevening scholarship for Indian students, analyze the above mentioned information and male the perfect choice. If you have any further doubts, connect with our Yocket counselors.
Frequently Asked Questions About Chevening UK
Ques. What is a UK Chevening Scholarship?
Ans. The UK government's overseas scholarship program is called Chevening. The UK government provides fellowships to study in the UK for a year on a fully financed master's degree program. These awards are funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office and partner organizations.
Ques. Do Chevening scholarships pay the whole tuition fee?
Ans. Yes, the Chevening scholarship for Indian students covers the full cost of a master's degree in the UK.
Ques. Can I stay in the UK after the completion of the Chevening Scholarship?
Ans. After completing your Scholarship, you are required to stay in your hometown for a minimum of two years. The Secretariat cannot provide any letter of support that might be necessary to allow a Scholar to continue working or studying in the UK.
Ques. Does Chevening demand IELTS scores?
Ans. With a minimum overall score of 6.5 and a minimum score for each component of 5.5, Chevening accepts both the IELTS Academic and IELTS Academic for UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI).
Ques. How many Chevening applications are permitted?
Ans. During each application session, Students may submit only one Chevening Scholarship application. If your country offers fellowships and scholarships, you can apply for both within the same application cycle.
Ques. What kind of questions are asked in the Chevening scholarship?
Ans. There are a total of 4 essays, each of which should be 500 words long. The first essay is on the candidate's networking abilities, followed by questions about your leadership capabilities, future career goals, and why you want to complete your studies in the UK.