- Wilfrid Laurier University offers various scholarships to encourage its students to learn and give them financial support. Wilfrid Laurier University Scholarships are the Walter Metzger Memorial Bursary Fund, the Students' Union International Student Awards, the Farouk & Dawn Ahamed International Student Scholarship, and the Inspiring Lives Scholarships are just a few of the scholarships that Wilfrid Laurier University offers specifically to international students.
- A separate application is needed for the 40,000 CAD (INR 24,40,000) New Laurier Scholars Awards, distributed over four years in equal installments.
- The university works to incorporate sustainable practices into all aspects of its operations, and it has received a Gold grade from the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS).
- Laurier has a proud history of providing excellent instruction and designing stimulating learning environments. Wilfrid Laurier University's cutting-edge environments foster outstanding student experiences. Numerous prestigious honors at the institutional, provincial, national, and worldwide levels have honored our educators' commitment, engagement, and enthusiasm for teaching.
Wilfrid Laurier University
Wilfrid Laurier University
Established in 1960
Established in 1960
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
Wilfrid Laurier University, established in 1992, is a public university in Ontario, Canada. The Laurier community includes more than 20000 students, including 977 from abroad. Wilfrid Laurier University is one of Canada's universities expanding quickly. More than 100 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs are available at Wilfrid Laurier University. The university offers 15 bachelor's degree programs, including four entirely online. 16 master's degrees, including Three fully online graduate programs, one doctorate, and a few certificates and diplomas, are available at the graduate level.
Top Reasons to Study in the Wilfrid Laurier University
Cost of Studying at Wilfrid Laurier University
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The Wilfrid Laurier University
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
Admissions at The Wilfrid Laurier University
CA$75 - CA$156
How to Apply at Wilfrid Laurier University
These are the steps to apply for Wilfrid Laurier University admissions:
- Apply through the official website
- Choose a student's course
- Fill up the student’s details
- Upload required documents
- Pay the application fee
Note: Wilfrid Laurier University's application fee is CAD 115 (INR 7,010).
Documents Required to Apply to Wilfrid Laurier University
This is the list of documents required to get eligible for Wilfrid Laurier University admissions: -
- High school records
- Official transcripts
- Study permit
- Teacher evaluation
- English proficiency test scores
- Proof of financial availability
- ACT or SAT score
Exams Accepted By the University
Admission requirements of Wilfrid Laurier University are mentioned below:-
PTE: 59 & above
PTE: 59 & above
PTE: 59 & above
GMAT: 550 & Above
PTE: 59 & above
English Proficiency Requirements
Wilfrid Laurier University international students are required to submit proof of their English Language Proficiency, as mentioned: -
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Sign up to unlock Admit Predictor and know your admit chances for this course.
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Several public transportation options make it simple to get to and from Laurier's campus. All Laurier full-time undergraduate students get unrestricted access to Grand River Transit in Waterloo & Brantford transit buses with their OneCard. GO Transit and VIA Rail provide access to either one or both campuses.
Services offered by the university
Wilfrid Laurier University provides various services. Some of them are given below:-
- The university is home to a top-notch library with over a thousand reading areas and more than 37,000 electronic articles.
- The largest and oldest business cooperative program in English-speaking Canada is offered at Wilfrid Laurier University. Numerous businesses, including PepsiCo, Ernst and Young, KPMG, Unilever, Scotia Bank, and Manulife Financial, offer co-op opportunities for students.
- The foreign student advisors at Wilfrid Laurier University are ready to support you as you acclimate to Canadian academic and cultural expectations.
- Wilfrid Laurier University offers one-on-one academic counseling, a course on Canadian culture, support for peer-led courses, support in math, statistics, and writing that is specialized through in-class workshops, online resources, and assignment planners, study skills are developed.
- To benefit from university instruction delivered in English, students at Laurier must have exceptional language ability. Students who don't meet the English language requirements can enroll in a Laurier English and Academic Foundation (LEAF) program or an intensive English as a Second Language (ESL) program provided by one of the education partners.
The locations of WCU's two biggest campuses are Waterloo & Brantford. In addition, Kitchener has a social work faculty, and Toronto offers a weekend MBA program.
Students can enjoy various facilities Wilfrid Laurier University provides to make their university life enjoyable and comfortable.
- The Athletic Complex, Football Stadium, and outdoor field turf field are all part of Wilfrid Laurier University's athletic facilities. Three gyms, 2 squash courts, an Olympic-sized pool, a rock climbing wall, and aerobics/weight rooms are all located in the athletic complex. A pitch turf football field and a sizable indoor gymnasium are both parts of University Stadium.
- The Wilfrid Laurier University Students' Union (Wilfrid Laurier UniversitySU) represents students at Wilfrid Laurier University. Both the Students' Center on Laurier's Brantford Campus and the Fred Nichols Campus Center in Waterloo is run by this organization. The Canadian Heraldic Authority has recorded the arms, supporters, flag, and badge of the Wilfrid Laurier University Students' Union.
- Acquiring qualities and abilities that will help students become highly employable, capable of making wise decisions about their future, able to comprehend their own and other people's points of view, and able to be a person who contributes back to the community.
- All undergraduate students are automatically members of Wilfrid Laurier University SU, supported by their tuition payments. Bus passes, Direct2U Prescription, an emergency response team, a food bank, foot patrol, health & dental insurance, the member card, a peer-help line, a student lifeline, and tech share are just a few of the services the Students' Union offers to students.
- Over 130 clubs and organizations with over 3,000 students are supported by the Wilfrid Laurier University Students' Union Clubs & Associations department. Clubs and Associations serve as a bridge between all clubs and the Students' Union & university administration, providing resources and financial support.
On campus accomodation
All students at Wilfrid Laurier University, including those from abroad, have access to on-campus housing. Every residence building is close to the college campus to provide easy access.
- All WLU students who live in on-campus housing are required to purchase a meal plan.
- Applications for on-campus housing are accessible through the Wilfrid Laurier University Residence Portal.
- While two students can share a dorm, a single apartment can house a maximum of seven. Both dormitory-style & apartment-style residents share amenities such as furnished bedrooms and apartments, communal gathering areas, laundry, and residence learning groups.
- Apartment-style dwellings have a private kitchen, whereas dorm-style residences have limited communal cooking amenities.
- More than 3000 students are housed in 17 buildings at the Waterloo campus.
- Five residence halls are available on the Brantford campus, housing a sizable number of students.
University Faculty:Student Ratio
University Faculty Stats
Wilfrid Laurier University claimed more than 500 total faculty members. The student to faculty at Wilfrid Laurier University is 25:1, with a male-to-female ratio of 44:56.
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
An annual Indigenous Research Symposium is held by Wilfrid Laurier University’s Office of Indigenous Initiatives to highlight the work of Indigenous academics and cutting-edge new Indigenous research approaches at Laurier and beyond. The symposium aims to highlight the importance of indigenously informed research for not just Indigenous people but also the rest of the world.
The students, faculty, and staff are supported in their research, research activism, and community-engaged research efforts by Laurier's research cluster for Indigenous Peoples, Decolonization, and the World. It is an organization that promotes decolonizing institutions, fields of study, and knowledge systems. Supporting Indigenous techniques and ways of knowing, such as Indigenous law, governance, and environmentalism, as well as tearing down colonial structures and colonialism, is another key focus of the cluster.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
With one of Wilfrid Laurier University’s internship options, students may stand out from the competitors and enhance their resumes by adding a global work experience. Students can apply what they have learned in the classroom in an international setting by working with departments like Global Studies, Human Rights & Human Diversity, and the Faculty of Social Work.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
Students can get help looking for job placements from the Wilfrid Laurier University’s Career Center. It offers over 800 sessions yearly to help students with networking, cover letter, and resume writing. The average salary of graduates of Wilfrid Laurier University is CAD 81000 (INR 49,41,000). Nearly 97.5 percent of the class of 2020 graduates found employment or achieved their career goals within a year after graduation. Each year, 1,000 employers on the campus recruit students from the university. The Career Center posts more than 6,300 co-op positions each year for students.